Dear Church Family,
I can imagine that most of us are simultaneously enjoying and getting tired of the discipline of physical distancing at this point. We have not had a chance to gather in person now for a full month, and we moved our services to online/phone platforms now for weeks. This quarantine time can be lonely and yet freeing at the same time, and for now, we aren’t even sure how much longer we’ll need to follow these guidelines.
I hope in the midst of all of this change we are able to lament those things we miss and yet find the comfort of the slower pace all the same. I also hope that each of you has been in contact with friends and family, that you have all you need, and if either of these are not the case, that you feel comfortable reaching out to the church office or your deacon to let us know how we can help.
There are a few more changes in the coming weeks you need to know about:
- The church office is attempting to cut down on exposure for our employees by lowering our number of hours we are physically in the office. The new in-person schedule will be as follows:
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tuesday – Mary & Renee
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Wednesday – Mary
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Thursday – Renee
- On Mondays and Fridays, the office will be closed and our staff will work from home. They will be checking email and voicemail between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. And of course, you are always welcome to call/email me or your deacon if you need pastoral care outside of office hours.
- Bible Study opportunities will begin next week on Wednesday & Thursday via Zoom! The schedule will be as follows:
- 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday – Prayer Time & Bible Study via Zoom with Libby Grammer
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. on Thursday – Prayer Time & Bible Study via Zoom with John Fulcher
- To log in, you can click the link we will send in an email the day of the study, or if you don’t have email, you can call our normal Zoom call-in number that we use for worship: +1-646-876-9923, Meeting ID: 276-632-6336#, #
- Most of you have already heard, but for those who have not, Renee Fulcher has offered her resignation after receiving a job offer she couldn’t refuse at a local foundation (see a copy of her resignation letter here). We joyfully celebrate this new chapter with her, and we are prayerfully seeking God’s new candidate for Financial Secretary at FBC. Our Personnel Committee has published a job description online today, and we are seeking to get applications beginning now. If you know someone who would be interested, please send them to our website to apply!
It is a season of change indeed, but we haven’t stopped being God’s people, God’s church. The church is OPEN and we are living out what it means to worship, study, and serve – whatever that may look like in these days. I’m grateful for all of you – for your dedication to your faith and to your neighbors. As we continue into the season of Eastertide, may we live into the resurrection promise of new life among us every day!