How to Be Christian in our Current Contexts-Wednesdays at FBC
Our theme for our stewardship season this year speaks to how we ought as Christians to give of ourselves as a way of living into our faith. During this season, you will hear sermons about biblical texts that remind us of all it means to give of ourselves – our time, our talents, our resources – to be able to live into being disciples of Jesus Christ.
For our new Wednesday Midweek Check-In at noon on Wednesdays this fall, we will hear from local non-profit and church leaders in Martinsville and Henry County. We will have the opportunity to learn how to give of ourselves – for our church, for our community, for our world – as good stewards of all God has blessed us with.
October Wednesday Midweek Check-In Speaker Schedule:
- October 2 – Judy Epperly, SafetyNet
- October 9 – Brittany Anthony, Martinsville Henry County Coalition for Health and Wellness
- October 16 – Mike Hatfield, Pastor, Chatham Heights Baptist Church
- October 23 – Teresa Fontaine, Southern Area Agency on Aging
- October 30 – Joe Collins, Good News Jail Ministry